Come unto Him!

Friday, October 24, 2014

Week 2

Que pasa!?
so this has been another crazy week. Idk where to begin again. 
It's only been a week and a half but it feels like I've been here for at least a month! the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. 

And man, P-day could not have come soon enough! Well I guess I'll start by telling you guys that the scottish elder I talked about in my last email actually isn't scottish! He just was faking an incredibly real accent hahaha But there is a real scottish elder here, and he's the one who did the solo in the mtc choir last general conference and he did and amazing solo here at the mtc! Man I wish I could sing like him. But my new best friend here in the mtc, Elder Parkinson and I started an acapella  group! so maybe I'll get that good. I'm also playing piano in sacrament meeting this sunday. We'll see how that goes haha oh and they have CELLOS HERE! I'm gonna go play one here in a little bit and possibly put together a musical number. 
I'm finally getting use to the altitude so I'm able to work out harder. And let me just say, I'm getting pretty tone haha so girls, you might wanna wait for me! haha Every missionary here is missing their girl. We keep talking about them... and the missionary goggle syndrome is setting in. It's were every girl here in the mtc gets more and more and more beautiful because we don't have our girls here with us. It's hard not to flirt with them sometimes haha the closest we can get to flirting is holding the door open for them. which we do every single chance we get... haha
 speaking of Hermanas I just witness a miracle of God yesterday! Sister Jammet in our district was really sick yesterday. She said it was the sickest she've ever been. She was crying and could barely function because she felt so bad. So we gave her a blessing by the power of the priesthood of God, and instantly she felt fine! There was a physical change that I witnessed right then and there in her. The life came back to her face and she got right back to work with a smile on her face! It was amazing! The power of God is real and it can and will bless your life if you just ask God. James 1:5
 The spirit of God is so strong here.  I love being a missionary for the Lord Jesus Christ. This is his church and he is leading his people. He cares and watches over every single one of us. 
The MTC is hard. We're doing 16 hour days, with a minimum of 11 hours in class. It's hard studying inside all day and only to learn 3 spanish words a day. We have 3 people we're teaching now, all completely in spanish. It's very frustrating because I have a testimony, I know the doctrine, and the scriptures, but I can't share those things because I don't know spanish. So the MTC is hard. But I've been through harder. And that is because of God in his infinite wisdom has given me challenges in life to prepare me and to make me stronger. And my heart is filled with gratitude towards him. God gives his children trials that they may become stronger. It pains God to see you in pain. But he allows it to let you grow in wisdom and strength. Our Heavenly Father loves each and every single one of you. He wants only what's best for you.  That is my testimony to you. And I hope you come to know these things if already don't.
   
a few other things. 

1. I'm not use to being called Elder yet, cuz I'm no where near mature enough haha

2. most elders here aren't mature

3. Being a missionary is the best thing ever! 

4. someone set off the fire alarm so we all had to evacuate one night haha 

5. I love getting letters! 

6. we have a rivalry with the elders downstairs, so an elder on our floor threw a fart bomb in one of their dorms. it was funny but not the best Idea. He'll probably get in trouble haha 

7. I had a whole list of things to say but I forgot them. 

8. we got a new group of missionaries this week! So I'm not the greenie anymore! haha but it was only 300. ( I came in with 600) 

9. you guys take after me and are awesome! And sorry if I don't get back to you right away on any of  your messages. 

MIss you guys! 
I'm almost out of time! 
so May God be with you until next P-day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment